Wednesday, May 17, 2017

My Case Study - Trey Gray

Today I presented my case study over Huntington's Disease on Trey Gray, the drummer for country band Brooks and Dunn. I addressed the basics about Trey to my group members such as: he was diagnosed in 2003 at age 34, his mom and uncle both were diagnosed and died from HD, and his main priority was to drum as long as he can until the disease took over. I explained that little information was given about him on the internet past the year of 2008, for my assumption that he is in middle / late stages of HD and no longer wants his life centered around publicity. None of his interviews mentioned OT or PT, so based on what he said was important to him in some of his interviews is what I centered in on for intervention. And because it is a progressive disease, I focused on maintaining and managing skills rather than improvement. My group members seemed very interested in the topic because they asked a lot of questions pertaining to my client and to the disease in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment