Monday, May 8, 2017

Activity Analysis - Little steps that go a long way

A couple of weeks ago in class we got to choose a fun activity, create an activity analysis, and present our activity to our group members. These activities were chosen with the objective being purposeful in its application to occupation-based activity and increase our ability to assess client performance, come up with an intervention plan, and modify an activity to fit the "just right challenge" based on a client's needs. It was a fun opportunity for us to practice occupational-based intervention planning and provided a lot of learning situations. It was nice to see a plan being formed and implemented rather than just talking about it in class. I actually kept all of my directional worksheets that were created by my group members and put them in my professional development folder for future use. Knowing how to form an activity analysis, putting it to use, and how to modify it when needed will be extremely helpful in my future. I look forward to more hands-on learning opportunities like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment