Monday, May 8, 2017

Making a universal cuff

Today in class we got to get hands-on once again (these are my favorite days) and make a universal cuff. After a little tweeking and do-it-agains, all different types of cuffs were made. Even though we had a sheet full of directions, I like that we were able to be free-spirited with our cuffs. Because they are universal, each one shouldn't and won't be the same when making and providing them to clients in the future. I like this activity particularly because it involved a simple "tools needed" list. We didn't have to get fancy with a sewing machine but instead we used everyday household items such as duct-tape, scissors, velcro, and elastic. This is an easy and cheap way (low tech) to introduce assistive technology into a client's life. Like my activity analysis, I added the directional worksheet to my professional development portfolio for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment