Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Leadership Summit

Last week (Wednesday, Feb. 14) a couple other students and I met to discuss our individual group facilitations. I think this was beneficial in more ways than one. We all had chosen different life skills to facilitate over and all seemed to be in different stages of the planning process. For me, I had only chosen a topic (shopping) and hadn't done anything beyond that. I almost considered changing my topic because I could not, for the life of me, figure out a group activity that would get my intended message across. With the help of other students outside my group, I kept my topic, created the perfect activity, and got a head start on my group protocol.

We were all pretty stressed out about doing our individual facilitations right after our first EBP test of the semester. The class work session helped us relieve some of that stress because as a group we brainstormed, collaborated, answered questions, and all planned our group protocols within 30 minutes of meeting. I only wish I had known one other person who was facilitating over "shopping" so I could have collaborated with them too.

1 comment:

  1. ...I appreciate the honest blog post, sometimes things like this seem so simple, but they can also be the most intimidating. Well, now that you are on the other side of things, how do you feel. I think your group went probably better than you could have imagined!

    ReplyDelete